Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello Blogosphere!

Today is a very special day. Not as special as my birthday but pretty close I think. Today, I’ve decided to start a blog.

There’s so much buzzing in my head that I need to make sure to write everything down lest I forget. It’s exciting and scary... but I know that it’s the absolute bestest way for me to document all my wonderful book adventures inside Fully Booked! You see, I live and breathe books!!! Books to me are like how peanut butter is to jelly, we just mix.

Books simply get me. Books understand that I have this unquenchable thirst for knowledge that I simply have to satisfy. Sorta like how I am constantly craving for spaghetti and meatballs, but that’s another story altogether. With books, I can easily be transported to thousands of years before our time when dinosaurs still walked the face of the earth...and I can zoom hundreds of years into the future, where cars fly and androids walk amongst humans!

Books allow me to hop from one country to another without having to set foot in a plane! By simply flipping through the pages of a book I can experience exciting epic adventures, or even witness remarkable historical events! Oh I can just go on and on and on....


So anyway, you can just imagine how amazed I was the moment my parents brought me to Fully Booked for the first time. I stood there at the entrance, with my jaw hanging. Goodness gravy, this is it!!! I ran, skipped and did cartwheels inside because I couldn’t believe my eyes! I’ve found it... my wonderland, my book-heaven!


So that’s my story. Since then, I practically live in Fully Booked. I’m good friends with the people inside the store and they don’t seem to mind when I bug them about new arrivals, or ask them to reach a book for me at the topmost shelf. They are the sweetest coolest bunch ever! The best thing I like about them is that they give me the inside scoop about the goings-on inside the store, whether it be a new title, an upcoming event or sale or just anything juicy enough, and they don’t mind that I share it with you guys. And so I will!


So follow me and learn about my book adventures! Let’s all discover the wonderful world of books and who knows, you might end up winning some pretty awesome prizes along the way.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. I, and a good number of bookworm-friends, hang out at Fully Booked, too. I wonder if we know each other, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Lucy! Nice to have you here! Fully Booked is like my Disneyland. Haha! I love the people there as well. They are nice and accommodating. Gateway branch is like my second home now. :p

    See you around and looking forward to your posts!

    -Len-
    Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lucy!

    Looking forward to reading your posts :)

    Stranger.Than.Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world, Lucy! Hope you have fun doing bloggy things. I can definitely relate with what you said about Fully Booked because it's also my favorite bookstore in the Philippines! I get most of my books from Fully Booked and I frequently mention the bookstore in my blog posts. :) I even have a post dedicated to Fully Booked here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @artseblis, cool to know you hang out at fully booked! i'm not sure if we've met... *scratches head* but i sure am glad to have met you now! wonderful how blogs can do that huh? :-)

    @maidenveil, thanks for the warm welcome. love the people in fully booked too! they are the coolest bunch ever!

    @miss.jinx81, hi back! :-)

    @chachic, thanks so much! i read your post. it's wonderful! i'm glad to know you get most of your books in fully booked!

    @crisevert, umm...well you can check my profile to find out more about me. it's all there! but I guess the bigger question is... who is crisevert? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books too. Have a look at my second to the last post...
    :-)
    http://joeparthur.blogspot.com/2010/09/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete