Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Pick: The Devil's Graveyard


The Devil’s Graveyard is the third book from Anonymous, the first two books being “The Book With No Name” and “The Eye of the Moon”. This new book talks about the new gripping and terrifying adventures of the Bourbon Kid, an infamous serial killer.
The Devil’s Graveyard is a cursed place in the desert where Hotel Pasadena can be found. Impersonators of dead stars such as Judy Garland, James Brown, Kurt Cobain and more, all swarm to the hotel to compete for the final of the “Back from The Dead” singing contest. Aside from the million dollar prize at stake, there is more to that than what meets the eye. In a bizarre turn of events, the finalists are killed off one by one. If that’s not strange enough, throw in some flesh-eating zombies and the gates of hell threatening to open up... to make this tale more horrific than it already is.
I haven’t read the first two books yet, but I find this one much too graphic for my taste. There’s just too much blood, gore and profanity splattered all over the pages! For sure my parents will not approve of this kind of literature. However, being the book maven that I am, and not wanting to start a book without even finishing it, I decided to keep pushing on...and you know what? Morbid stuff aside, I’m glad I did.
The American Idol-like setting with the action-packed twists and turns, make this novel quite an engaging read. The part I like most is seeing The Bourbon Kid shed off a bit of his mad killer exterior and reveal a bit of his soft side. This book is not for the faint of heart but if you’re game, then you’re in for one heck of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment