Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"TONY STARK: THE COOL[EST] EXEC WITH THE HEART OF STEEL"

Let me kick start this post with one of my favorite classic cartoon intros from 1966:


Yup, its Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man, just about one of the coolest comic heroes ever. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to film adaptations of graphic novels and comic books, but I have to say that Robert Downey Jr. did an awesome job with his Iron Man role in 2008.

Today's post is not about a book, but about a collectible.

One of the things I love most about Fully Booked is that there are just so many cool things—besides books, which are pretty hard to beat—to ogle at. I was at the basement level of Fully Booked today (one of my favorite sections), browsing the collectibles, when I saw something, which created an enormous lump in my throat. I tell you swallowing that lump was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life. Staring at me from behind the glass display case was one of the most phenomenal collectibles I've ever seen. Here is a photo (Blogger's note: Apologies for my shoddy photography skills):



Ladies and gents, this is the Exclusive Hulkbuster Iron Man Comiquette from Sideshow Collectibles. Why Hulkbuster? Well, if you were Iron Man and had to battle the not-so-jolly-green-giant a.k.a. The Incredible Hulk, you would need the toughest, most state-of-the-art armor to come out relatively unscathed.

I have a feeling your dads, brothers, uncles, and male bosses (as well as some girls like me who inherited a love for comics and collectibles from their big brothers) would love to get their hands on this rare piece.

Check out the detail on this superb work of art:





The Marvel Exclusive Hulkbuster Iron Man Comiquette is made of polystone. He stands at approximately 21 inches and is 18 inches wide. He weighs a hefty 15 pounds, and was created by Anthony Mestas, Mike Najera, and Pablo Viggiano, along with the rest of the Sideshow design team.

Now if I could only take him home...

*RECOMMENDED FOR ADULTS AS IT IS A COLLECTIBLE. NOT A TOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment